From 3 April 2023, visitors to the Northern Territory will need a park pass to visit most national parks and reserves. The pass can be purchased from HERE.

NT residents do not require a parks pass, when visiting the parks you may be requested to show proof of residency, such as a valid NT drivers licence. 

List of National parks and reserves that require a park pass please click here.

Kakadu and Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Parks are managed by Parks Australia under the Australian Government, for entry requirements go to the Parks Australia website. 



In Northern Territory (NT) parks and reserves, you must book and pay a fee online for campsite and multi-day walking trails. 

For more information please click here.

Ready to book your camping and walking trails ? BOOK HERE



If you’re planning to visit Aboriginal land during your stay in the Top End you must obtain a travel permit before entering . When visiting Aboriginal land and communities in the more remote areas it is sometimes necessary to join an organised tour with one of our many specialised 4WD safari operators. Those wishing to enter Aboriginal lands on their own must apply in writing or online to the relevant Aboriginal Land Councils and Aboriginal Corporations. 

For information and applications to visit Arnhem land please visit 

Check permit for Gove Peninsula areas by contacting Dhimurru Aboriginal Corporation Nhulunbuy  

When visiting Groote Eylandt, a permit is required from

Information about the permit to Tiwi Island please contact the Tiwi Islands Regional Council or your tour operator.

For any other area or communities that sits within the Aboriginal Land Trust (ALRA) people will need a Recreation permit.  There is no guarantee that the permit will be approved.  A permit is only approved and issued when and if the permit officer gets the ok from the Traditional Owner (TO) permit delegate. Sometimes, the permit officer can’t get through to the TO because they have either changed their phone number or etc.

If a visitor is invited into community by someone who lives and works in community or invited by a Traditional Owner, that person can apply for a Visitor permit, but he or she will need to provide the name and all contact details for the one who invited him or her.

Receive Monthly Deals, News and Events!

Subscribe to our Newsletter to receive all of the above and more

Choose to Book with the Top End's Local Experts